3boysand1ladybug

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The moment she took our breath away!


We are in love! It is as simple as that, and at the same time it is so complex! I love this saying, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." In one moment, we looked at her and.... it happened! She has stolen our hearts and took our breath away.
I love being a mom. I really do. I always wanted to be a mom. God has been so good to us and has blessed us with three amazing, healthy, funny, polite, smart, witty, compassionate, lovely boys. I could go on and on about them, I am crazzy about them. Crazzy with them, too. Somewhere in my dreams I always dreamt there would be a little girl in our family. Well, God has answered our prayers in this sweet, petite little girl that we affectionately call Tatumn Hope. Here is a little poem that I found that kind of wraps up my feelings about this ivory skinned, almond eyed beauty that I now call daughter.

As a girl I had a common dream, to be a mom someday.
My baby would have eyes of blue and hair the hue of hay.
But now my dreams have been transformed. New visions fill my head.
Now the tresses that I long to stroke are raven black instead.

And in my dreams those eyes are not so big or blue or round.
Now in my dreams they're almond shaped and colored cocoa brown.
And in my dreams my arms can stretch across enormous seas.
They reach half-way around the world and hold you close to me.

As you grow in your birthmother's womb, carefully knit together,
you're also growing in my heart, where you will stay forever.
And in my dreams the moment that your birthmother says good-bye,
I'll be right there to comfort you and hold you as you cry.

Our features may not look alike; we're different as can be.
But still I know the Father has created you for me.
And though I've not yet seen your face, or held your tiny hands,
and though we're half a world apart in very different lands,

I'll be right there to get you just as soon as God allows.
But until He says the time is right I give to you this vow.
I'll pray for your protection every day on bended knee.
For God to hold you in His arms, until you're here with me.

by Gayle Leubecker
Swept Away, Stephanie

1 Comments:

Blogger The Landes Family said...

She is a cutie. Can't wait till you travel to get her. We leave in 5 days. I don't know what I am feeling right now. I just know I want to put my arms around my daughter. It feels good to say daughter.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home