3boysand1ladybug

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Announcing Tatumn Hope Crawford to our...

CHI family.
(**Tanner was there also, but was just too nervous to come up to the front!**)
On Monday , we were finally able to introduce our sweet baby girl at our monthly meeting. I remember so well, sitting through those first meeting with tears in my eyes, butterflies in my stomach, and a longing in my heart. I would just be so home sick for her on our drive home. We all would. We would go to the meetings so excited to see the new referrals, the new babies, and then leave with a little of a let down, wondering and longing for her. I have said from the very first moment, we have it easy. We come home to a busy and full house. All of our bedrooms are full, we get up the next morning to a busy schedule;whether it is school or Summer. My heart has ached for the families on this journey to their first baby. We have prayed for them, I have cried for them an many occasions. So, I am not one to whine at how long it has taken us, we have a different perspective on things. BUT, I will say it was a complete JOY to finally be the ones at the front of the room! The boys were thrilled and actually it was the boys who said "It's our turn to introduce at the adoption meeting!" They have journeyed the year and a half long journey with us, in their own shoes and thoughts but believe me this has been their journey too! I pray that they will be forever changed by this decision. I am thankful that they are old enough to "get it". They have seen the sacrifice here, been a part of the anticipation, the preparation, and I trust God that they will also be a part of the blessing! This past year we have been challenged to keep our focus on the Lord. Through a lot of circumstances we have been left with just us, a family of 5, and our God. Nothing more and nothing less. It took us out of our comfort zones in a BIG way, and caused us to search our hearts and desires. This verse has been our banner, not in perfection because we are far from it, but as our encouragement.
Loving you-Stephanie
Whatever you do, work at it with all of you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home