3boysand1ladybug

Monday, May 22, 2006

A small insight into my daily life.....


I wanted to post this song that was sent to me by my dearest friend. I hope that everybody has a friend like this, I am truly blessed to call her friend. I was having a really bad day on Friday. It was actually carried over from Thursday night. And in all honesty, we have been in this "place" for a couple of months. Just a bump in the road, a small glitch in what we thought was our well-oiled machine. This issue will not define us but make us stronger. God's Word is full of people going through trials and persevering. The Word shows the LORD leading His people with a cloud by day and a fiery pillar by night. He has parted the sea, provided manna for 40 years, stopped the sun, tumbled down walls with a shout, turned water into wine, healed the blind, cured the lame and the leper. Of course there were many other things like the apostle John said, "if all the things the Lord Jesus did were recorded there wouldn't be enough books to hold them all. Amazing thought. Sit on that one for a while. I did. Then I heard this song and had my "ah ha!" moment. I didn't need any of the big things from God, I just needed Him to be small enough to remember me and hear my humble cry, "is everything going to turn out okay?" Here are the words to this song, I pray that it tenders your heart to know that the God of the universe, who hangs the stars and knows them by name, who gave Saturn it's rings and made Venus sparkle... LOVES YOU.
SMALL ENOUGH
O Great God
be small enough for me now
There were times when I was crying
from the depths of Daniels den
and I have asked you once or twice
if you would part the seas again
Tonight I do not need a fiery pillar in the sky
Just wanna know you're gonna hold me if I start to cry.
O Great God
be small enough to hear me now
O Great God
be close enough to feel you now
There have been moments
when I could not face Goliath on my own
And how could I forget we marched around
our share of Jericho's
But I will not be setting out a fleece for you tonight
Just wanna know that everything will be alright
O Great God be close enough to feel you now.
All praise and all the honor be to
the God of ancient mysteries
Whose every sign and wonder
turn the pages of our History
Tonight my heart is heave
And I cannot keep from whispering this prayer
Are you there?
And I know you could leave writing on the wall
that's just for me
or send wisdom while I'm sleeping
like in Soloman's sweet dream
But I don't need the strength of Samson
or a chariot in the end
Just wanna know that You still know
how many hairs are on my head.
O Great God, are you small enough to hear me now.
(Lyrics by Nicole Nordamen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home